Search for a translator/interpreter
Search for a bailiffs
Search for a receiver
Ministry of Justice
Al. Ujazdowskie 11
phone: (22) 52 12 888
Central Board of Prison Service
National Prosecution Service
Chief Military Prosecutor's Office
Prof. Dr. Jan Sehn Institute of Forensic Research in Cracow
The Institute of Justice
The National Training Centre for the Officials of the Common Courts of Law and the Public Prosecutor's Office
President of the Republic of Poland
The Chancellery of the Prime Minister
Europa Sejm of the Republic of Poland
The Senate of the Republic of Poland
Polish Constitutional Tribunal
Supreme Court of the Republic of Poland
Bodies associated with the Minister of Justice
Civil Law Codification Commission
- The tasks of the Commission include
- drawing up foundations and general directions of development on civil, family and private commercial law,
- drafting foundations and bills with a fundamental importance to the system of civil, family and private commercial law, taking into consideration the need to harmonise Polish law with European law.
- The Minister of Justice may present bills to the Commission in order to obtain its opinion and request opinions in controversial legal matters falling within the scope mentioned in s.1.
Criminal Law Codification Commission
- The tasks of the Commission include:
- drawing up foundations and general directions of development in substantive, procedural and executory criminal law, fiscal criminal law and petty offences law basing on a continuous analysis of case-law and jurisprudence on the application of the Criminal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Executory Criminal Code, Fiscal Criminal Code, Code of Petty Offences, Code of Proceedings in Petty Offences and the Act on responsibility of collective entities for acts forbidden under penalty;
- drafting acts of law, including necessary executory acts, with a fundamental importance to the system of substantive, procedural and executory criminal law, fiscal criminal law and petty offences law, taking into consideration the need to harmonise Polish law with European law.
- The Commission assesses bills presented by the Minister of Justice drafted by other authorised entities containing provisions falling within the scope mentioned in s. 1 p. 1 in particular from the point of view of their compliance with the principal directions of development in the legal system.
- The Commission presents opinions in controversial legal matters submitted by the Minister of Justice falling within the scope mentioned in s. 1 or 2.
Head Council for Social Re-adaptation and Convict Support
The Head Council and local councils operate in particular through:
- organising, initiating and supporting projects aiming towards crime prevention and the social re-adaptation of convicted persons,
- presenting opinions on the activities of authorities and representatives of the society undertaken for crime prevention, execution of sentences and the social re-adaptation of convicted persons as well as supporting convicted persons and their families,
- coordinating the activities of associations, foundations organisations, institutions, churches and religious unions as well as trustworthy persons undertaken for the execution of penalties, penal measures, security measures and preventive measures,
- initiating, organising and controlling social supervision over the execution of penalties, penal measures, security measures and preventive measures and compiling the results of such control,
- assessing the post-penitentiary policy,
- presenting suggestions and opinions on the pision and utilisation of resources from the post-penitentiary aid fund,
- initiating and supporting scientific research on crime prevention and the social re-adaptation of convicted persons.
Council for Crime Victims
Social Council for Alternative Methods of Dispute and Conflict Resolution
Inter-departmental Adjudication Commission for cases of infringement of the public finances regime associated with the Minister of Justice